1. Tell me about the inspiration behind your latest single GAOBEAR and how you came to work with Dusty?
I was thinking about the directions I wanted to go with my sound and came up with some more hip hop beats and called one of them GaoBear. Because it is a perfect example for me to show people I’m morphing into a newer kind of GANZ. Dusty was the first one I had in mind because we spoke about it a lot to work on at least one track one day and asked him to do a feature on that beat.
2. What can we expect from the next year?
This year will be all about singles and the new ep. I’m not sure what I’m gonna drop after this ep in April. Maybe an album or maybe even more singles.
3. I know you’re strongly influenced by hip hop, were you always a fan of the Electronic Music scene as well?
Not really. I never had the feeling of following the whole edm thing because at the time I was making so much more “hyperparadise” and “I want you” kinda tracks. And to be honest I’m still not a big fan of “EDM” since everything is sounding the same.
4. Was there a moment that you knew you were on to something, after you started producing?
I made a bunch of different kinds of stuff behind a few other names. The moment I started GANZ it felt different, It was like I finally found the real me in music.
5. Knowing what you know now, is there anything you would have done differently when you were first starting out?
Not really something that pops up my mind right now. Sometimes I feel like maybe i should have work a bit quicker and make faster decisions instead of letting track lay around too long. But I guess that’s everything.
6. What has been the single most memorable moment since you first started DJing/touring/performing as GANZ?
I think telling my parents I dropped out school and was going to Australia/New Zealand for three weeks for my first ever tour.
7. Musically who is your biggest inspiration?
8. Do you have any advice for up and coming DJs and producers that want to follow in your footsteps?
That’s the only question I can’t really answer than only make whatever you want and don’t care about what others think of it. If you’re diggin’ it yourself it’s always good.
9. Is there anyone we should check out that hasn’t broken through in the scene here in the states yet?
I think KRNE is that one guy who deserves more recognition because he makes such cool stuff and I think I lot people enjoy.